Sunday, July 5, 2015

July Monthly Challenge Color Palette

Our inspiration this month is Still Life with Seashells by dutch painter Balthasar van der Ast. The muted color palette is predominantly taupe and blue. Mix in bright pops of color this month with yellow, orange and dark berry red. I could see dark carnelian beads mixed in with shell inspired art beads. Or you could start with a light neutral like the cream in and stick with the color shades of gray blue and navy. Add in a bit of that lemon yellow for a classic summer color palette. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what colors inspire you this month! 

2 comments:

Terri said...

Yep ..I had pulled out some dark carnelian beads...still rummaging through my stash to see what I have for this challenge....

Unknown said...

I'm super inspired just have to find a place to land!