Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Button Up - Inspiration and Swap

I've got buttons on my mind and plan to make some of my own soon.  I love seeing how jewelry designers challenge themselves to add buttons into their jewelry designs.  They work great as closures, connectors and focal beads.  Here are some current button finds from Etsy that have caught my eye.



Check out the Button Swap Blog Hop that Cindy Wimmer is hosting and see what you can create with four buttons sent by your swap partner.  I can't wait to see what everyone works up with their buttons! 

(The swap doesn't have to include artist made buttons, that's just my current inspiration.)

-Heather Powers is the editor of the Art Bead Scene, author of Jewelry Designs from Nature and the hands behind Humblebeads.

6 comments:

mairedodd said...

this is so great - it's funny, i am planning on starting to make buttons myself!
going to cindy's blog now... thanks heather -

TesoriTrovati said...

Woot! You girls start making buttons, you know I will be first in line to buy them! ;-)
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Cindy said...

Oh I love handmade buttons! I can't wait to see what all of you create in the way of buttons. :-) Thank you for sharing the link to the Button Swap!

Dawn Whitehand said...

Hi there... thanks for including my buttons in your post (DeeDeeDeesigns)... I've had a couple of hits from your blog, much appreciated. :-)

Rebecca said...

Beautiful! I love buttons, and so does my Mum. Karen of Hodgepodge is a favourite - I have some very awesome buttons from her!

Grace said...

Those beads are really cute. I haven't seen like that before. The accessories made of that will be very beautiful.

Mary from calorie oeuf dur