Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sundays with Cindy: Favorite things - buttons and links!



There's a button theme going on with today's links. But before we get to the links, I'd thought I show you these sweet buttons I found while surfing today.


These come from karoart on etsy. Yummy, aren't they? So enjoy the links today, I've got them all buttoned up for you!

A Bead A Day
Lisa shares a great new beading resource that has just hit the shelves!! It's Tammy Powley's new book, "The Complete Photo Guide to Jewelry Making"!

About.com Jewelry Making
Tammy has a new book review out, this one for a book on making ceramic jewelry.

Art Bead Scene
Art Bead Scene unveils the February monthly challenge.

Beading Arts
Cyndi has written the promised tutorial on making beaded buttons with watch faces...fun!

Beading & Books
Michelle shares the bracelet she made for 7000 Bracelets for Hope. There's still time to make and donate a denim blue bracelet for this great cause.

Carmi's Art/Life World
This week Carmi has a hand felted heart brooch to celebrate Canadian Valentines!

Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork Diva
Finding the perfect findings can be difficult. Here are some suggestions.

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie uses metallic resin clay to solve a design problem of altering antique buttons to make them into charms and links.

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean got some super wonderful beads from Amy Freeland , her Bead Blog Soup Party partner, and shares some photos of them and some thoughts with her readers here!

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Bead Soup starts to simmer in Charlene's studio

2 comments:

raquel roysdon said...

I'm having my first cup of coffee this beautiful Sunday morning and thought I would visit my favorite blogs on Blogger. Thanks for making yours one of my FAVS!

balanced. said...

so cool of you to feature karo here!
I have some of her buttons, she is a doll and makes beautiful things!