Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Red Alert

Not the color purple but the color red. Red is associated with holidays such as Valentines Day and Christmas. Here is some fun info I found about Red:
Red Conveys: Strength, power, confidence, passion. Red is a versatile color that can symbolize everything from passionate love to violent warfare.
Intense and aggressive, its influence isn’t only psychological – it’s physical, too.
Studies have shown that seeing the color red not only speeds up your heart rate, it makes you breathe faster, too.
Use red to suggest speed combined with confidence and perhaps even a dash of danger. A little bit of red goes a long way. Small doses can often be more effective than large amounts of this strong color. Multiple shades of red and even pink or orange can combine for a cheerful palette.

Here are some fun and creative things I found in red!
From Ornamentea "Word Beads"




Celtic Design-Fused Glass Pendant, lawathasglass.com


Red Morrocan Amphora by Kerri Fuhr kerrifuhr.com


Hand Crafted Cherry & Redwood Burl Wood Jewelry Box by Christopher Robins of Wooden Acres woodenacresboxes.com


While shopping for all things red, you'll need to stay warm. Even if it's in the air conditioning! Who wouldn't want one of these coats. I heart Lee Anderson!
Lee Anderson :: Clothes that make your Heart Smile. http://leeanderson.com/

"Use the color red to grab attention and to get people to take action."

These Boots were made for walking!

These boots are just fun! With just enough red to turn heads. http://caboots.zoovy.com/product/1XEXPYTHPT/HANDPAINTED_PYTHON_BOOTS.html

"Use red when you don't want to sink into the background."


Using Red with Other Colors: Although not normally considered an ideal coupling, in combination with green, red is a Christmas color — a joyful season.


Red Letter Days
January 31 :: Inspire your Heart with Art Day
February 14 :: Valentine's Day
March :: Red Cross Month
April 23 :: Lover's Day
May 20 :: Pick Strawberries Day
June 12 :: Red Rose Day
July 19 :: National Raspberry Cake Day
August 7 :: Chinese Valentine Day
September 24 :: National Cherries Jubilee Day
October 13 :: Sweetest Day
You're nearing the end. November 20 :: Absurdity Day
December 25 :: Christmas
Seeing red?

What does all of this have to do with red? Ask a stupid Question Day

6 comments:

Heather Powers said...

Love this post Tari! I have a little pair of red flats that I slip on when I want to feel sassy. Now I want to go make something red!!!

Shoozles said...

I love red! I am with heather now I am motivated to go make some red!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

There is definitely a color wave in the air, I just did a post about the color wheel on my blog, I flip over to ABS and look what's the topic! I love color and red has so many different shades, from pink to dark burgundy, yummy

rosebud101 said...

I love red, too! That vessel by Kerri Fuhr is my absolute favorite red piece here! And, as a former teacher, I don't think that there is a stupid question except for, "Are we there yet?" If we were there, we would know it.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

I love this colorful post! Fantastic info!

Miachelle said...

Those boots are fabulous!!! Those make me purr even!