Friday, February 8, 2008

The Bead Scoop: Wine and Beads

Merlot Hollow NecklaceLoves Kahlua and Amber
I stumbled across the website of Rowena Tank of Prescott, Arizona, a lampwork artist who makes beads from recycled wine bottles. Most of her larger focal beads are freeform and still look like molten glass. What caught my interest is that she creates these beautiful pieces of wearable art with a loom. Some are created off loom also. The above beads were made from Merlot and Kahlua bottles. What a great way to recycle after a party!

3 comments:

melanie brooks said...

Nice work, and great use of recycling!

Tari of ClayButtons.com said...

Great work!!

Jewelry Rockstar said...

Creativity never fails to amaze me! I love it. If I had a kiln I used my many wine bottles for more than just emptying, LOL!

www.brookebrimmjewelrydesign.blogspot.com